以色列教授 Aaron Ciechanover （2004諾貝爾化學獎）應王光燦基金會邀請，將於11月6日（星期五）拜訪臺灣大學，下午3:30在化學系松柏講堂做通俗科學演講。
講題：The Revolution of Personalized Medicine: Are We Going to Cure All Diseases and at What Price?
Prof. Aaron Ciechanover
- Born October 1, 1947.
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2004 was awarded jointly to Aaron Ciechanover, Avram Hershko and Irwin Rose "for the discovery of ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation". The ubiquitin-proteasome pathway has a critical role in maintaining the homeostasis of cells and is believed to be involved in the development and progression of diseases such as: cancer, muscular and neurological diseases, immune and inflammatory responses.
- 2015 王光燦生物有機化學講座
He received his doctorate in biochemistry in 1981 from the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa before conducting postdoctoral research in the laboratory of Harvey Lodish at the Whitehead Institute at MIT from 1981-1984. He is currently a Technion Distinguished Research Professor in the Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine and Research Institute at the Technion.
- Albert Lasker Award for Basic Medical Research, 2000.
- Israel Prize, for Biology, 2003.
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry, 2004.
- Sir Hans Krebs Medal, 2006.
Member of Scientific Advisory Boards
- Rosetta Genomics (Chairman)
- BioLineRx, Ltd
- StemRad, Ltd
- Allosterix Ltd
- Proteologics, Inc
- MultiGene Vascular Systems, Ltd
- Protalix BioTherapeutics
- BioTheryX, Inc.
- Patient Innovation, a nonprofit, international, multilingual, free venue for patients and caregivers of any disease to share their innovations.